Tuesday, June 12, 2007

how children are like the last 5 songs of Gongs Angels Egg


What a trippy photo, maaaannnn.....like put on the last 5 songs of Gongs Angel's Egg album and get some can uh bus....
but seriously, I love this photo taken by my pa-in-law mister Bill who captures wonderfully the wonderful wonderment of wonderfully wonderful youth and like aquariums.....man!!!!

great group portrait taken by the invisible monster......well.........who else could have taken this shot......god???
anyway, I digress, so....have you heard the last 5 tracks of Angel's Egg by Gong??? you really should check it out! so like where was I??? oh, yeah the group portrait......doesnt look anything like the band Gong, but it IS a nice shot of Isabella Julian and Justine in one of their more "serious" moments.

guess my son has given up the guitar and wants to be the next Jim Henson.......but really who doesnt??? the band Gong!!!

watch out Beckham!!!! Isabella is quite the athlete, its her thing just like Julians is the gui-.....i mean puppetering!
I do not know if Gong can play football?

and now Isabella is going to do some Rakey on Julian, but he is already so tickeled how can he be open and receptive to the power of the rake-y..........he must learn to submit to the rake-Y.......the sandbox.....not a subject which appears in the last 5 songs of Angel's Egg by ...you guessed it....Gong!!!!
Okay, okay so here is what I was talking about....the last (half of the album, technically) of Gong's Angel's Egg

7Flute Salad (Malherbe) 2:40 / Oily Way (Allen, Malherbe) 3:35
8Outer Temple (Blake, Hillage) 2:00
9Inner Temple (Allen, Malherbe) 2:15
10Percolations(Moerlin) 0:40 (note the persistent misspelling of "Moerlen")
11Love Is How Y Make It (Moerlin, Allen) 3:00
12I Niver Glid Before (Hillage) 5:45
13Eat That Phone Book Coda (Malherbe) 3:00

I never glid before
The light gets stronger and all our eyes look
yonder to see what's going on
But that's all right you'll soon be out
of sight and surfing to the sun
The moonwheel's turning, the waves unfulling you're
learning you're Zero at the centre of the whirlpool

Your aquaman and in your hand is a watering,
can I now or can I not believe it leave it to be
The fun gods winking and we're all blinking and
thinking we're sinking in the sea
You're in your glider the tide you're riding inside her
is turnin with the moony like the sky... boy

Okay, you're Mister Illusion
Smiling in all this confusion
Cos you're young today, tomorrow start to play
I'd just like to say

No I never
No I never ever ever glid before
I never - oh no

Last warning tide turning
Moon burning slow motion
Waves that you ride
Just to bolster your pride
But if it's love that you're after
The craft of a hero
Will vibe at your side as alone you may glide
With a tiny afterthought
Flashing as the planet calls

I never never glid before

Open up the veil and let us take a peep in
Thru the moon and diving deep we'll meet the whale
Where rides the captain submarine
Who told the tale of pixies green
That sends us kisses in the brain
And out-far planets never seen
Except by technicolour dream

I never never glid before

That's another story - now's the time to go and find
The cuppa tea - see

No comments: